Thursday, October 12, 2023

Lunch at The Himalayan Grille

 Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Himalayan Grille at Peters Landing


Decided to tr the Himalayan again after an absence of several years.  Peters Landing went through several years of renovation and ownership change of the restaurant also.   They did not go back into their original suite but moved back to the area where the boats dock. A much more laid back place now.  Pros and Cons on this. 

We started out with Chicken Momo. I have had this dish numerous times, but this version did not do it for me. I didn't even finish one piece. 

I did like the Chicken Lollipops. Nice, crunchy and flavorful.  Ate without the sauce. Way too spicy for me.

The Rogan Josh  (lamb) was very good, sauce was excellent. I would have liked the lamb to be a bit more tender, but I have found certain cultures overcook their meats. It is their thing not mine but when I am eating in their territory, I am the one that has to adjust. 

The Garlic Naan was very good. Soft and garlicky.  Better than the old Himalayan.   

We decided that we will be going back to the Himalayan

We had two bottles of wine today. Corkage is $9.99 for 2. Odd but.  A 2019 Simi Sonoma County, Cabernet Sauvignon. Better than I thought it would be because of it being young. Very drinkable. I brought a 2013 Clos Pape, Sta, Rita Hills, Dark Side, Pinot Noir. Drinking exceptionally well. 

Very enjoyable afternoon. Great weather and it was nice to sit inside and still be close to all the boats.

No comments: