Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Lunch at Cafe Corleone

 June 29, 2023

3 of us today at a small family owned restaurant in Paramount. Cafe Coreleone. My first time and I was impressed by the quality of the food. At least to look at it. Still have issues so no marinara sauces for me. But they were homemade and had a terrific smell. Would have loved to try but knew better. My dining companions had Eggplant Parmesan, Pizza and Lasagna.  My choice was a beef sandwich which was very good. Can't wait to go back when I am "cured" so I can actually taste and savor the food. House gave us canneloni's for dessert which were house made and exceptionally good.  Cage Coreleone is not fancy just a family "joint" but it was voted one of the top new restaurants in Los Angeles.  A definite place to return to.

Two wines were brought. a Assolati Sangiovese and a Seghesio Sangiovese. Had a small taste of each one. Both were very good. 


No comments: