Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Impromptu Lunch with The Boys at Seafood Cove # 1

 Thursday, February 16, 2023

Forgot to post this lunch last month. That is what happens when you have "brain fog" from Covid along with numerous other side effects. 

Had to park in back lot. All the parking was taken and we thought the restaurant would be packed. Have no idea where all those people from the cars were but the restaurant was not busy at all. 

Started off with the usual sour, spicy soup which hit the spot today because it was cold outside.

Then onto Sauteed White Fish Fillet with baby corn, peapods and mushrooms. Still have stomach issues so I needed something mild. As usual it was very good.

String beans with sauteed beef. Very small pieces of beef and frankly they were on the dry side. Not appealing to me at all. The string beans were good. 

Pork Peking Style was very good. Had a few pieces but didn't want to push my luck.

Sliced oranges for dessert today. Their oranges are never acidic like the ones I buy in the regular grocery store. 

Two wines today. I did not bring one as I am not drinking much at all.  A 2008 Le Brun de Neuville Champagne. I did not like this at all. Could be my taste buds but CJ who brought it wasn't taken with it either. 

2019 Spy Glass, Monterey, Pinot Noir. Needed time to open and needed to be on the shelf for a few more years.  It had potential but way too young.

No comments: