Sunday, November 7, 2021

Margie's Dinner at Fish In A Bottle

 Saturday, November 6, 2021

12 of us tonight for Margie's monthly wine dinner. This time at Fish In A Bottle restaurant. Menu was massive. Lots of Sushi and Sashimi to choose from along with complete dinners.   

I started out with a Seaweed Salad. Unfortunately more assorted greens than seaweed. OK flavor but nothing that I would order again here. 

Split a couple of appetizers with CJ. The Togarashi Fries were very good and the Vegetable Tempura was also. Large pieces of vegetables and very light coating. Good choices. Those could have been my entire meal. 

I ordered the Baby Lobster Baked Roll. Good flavors and a nice size portion.  I was struggling to eat the last two pieces.  No dessert for me tonight. 

Wines were interesting.  I brought a Fred # 8, Sparkling Red wine from the Slovak Republic. Bottle cap on wine but when opened not a lot of fizz. I bought this wine because I wanted the grape to add to my list of wine grapes tasted. On the dry side but as I drank it it grew on me.  Different but pleasant . But when I brought the bottle ack home I put in the refrigerator on it's side with a closure.  I forgot it was a "sparkling" because it really didn't taste that way. In the morning I opened the refrigerator and the closure had blown off and I had red sparking sprayed all over the inside. Had to take everything out and dismantle all the shelves and drawers and do a massive cleaning.  My fault for being an air head and spacing out. 

NV De Margerie, Grand Cru Sparking Rose -  good champagne

2017 Goldeneye, Anderson Valley, Pinot Noir - good

2020 J.Lohr, Grenache Rose - do not remember if I tasted this wine

2012 Loring, Rosella's Vineyard, Pinot Noir - Brain's wine are always good

2010 Dehlinger, Russian River, Chardonnay - did not taste

2020 Patricia Green Cellars, Helen Dusschee, Tempranillo Rose - good

2017 Foley, Sta Rita Hills, Bar Lazy Ranch, Pinot Noir - did not taste

2017 Pomar Jumction Winery, Cotes De Pomar Blanc - good

2017 Cadre, Edna Valley, Ode to Pearls, Sparkling Albarino - interesting

2020 Scar of The Sea, SLO, Sparking Rose of Pinot Noir - can't remember much about it

2009 Corton-Charlemagne, Louis Latour, Grand Cru, Grand Vin De Bourgogne - did not taste

2007 Peay, Scallop Shelf, Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir - excellent wine

2016 Chappellet, Pritchard Hill Vineyard, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon - very good but way to big for sushi. This should be saved for a big meaty food dish

Nice dinner, good dining companions. Good wines and food.  Now if only the restaurant would clean their filthy entrance and exist doors



No comments: