Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Oktoberfest at Jagerhaus

Saturday. October 5, 2019

Margies monthly dinner selection was the Jagerhaus in Anaheim. www.jagerhaus.net. Small group tonight which was good as the restaurant was packed. Everyone celebrating Octoberfest. The fest runs from late September to the first Sunday on October. This is probably why the restaurant was packed with people on the first Saturday.   Unfortunately it showed in the service which was very slow tonight.

A wide variety of items were ordered for dinner. I had the venison which was very good. Came with potatoes and red cabbage. 

The wines that were brought tonight are a real mixed bag.  Lots of whites. I tasted a few but since the white wine was kept in a cooler on a back table it was really a big inconvenience to get up every ten minutes or so and get another pour. Hence I drank from the bottles that were within easy each for me. Aside from a few I can recall the name of that I drank I cannot remember much of what I drank. Labels are confusing and with an overkill on white wines I wasn't that interested.  For people bringing mostly white wines my Dornfelder was a huge hit with them.

2012 Huber, Sta Rita Hills, Dornfelder

NV   Pin Piu, Mosel, Petnot, Sparkling Riesling

2014 Cardinal Cusanus, Stiflswein Brauneberger, Juffer Somnenuhr, Mosel, Riesling Spatleste

2014 Assmann Shauer, Hollenburg, Spatburgunder, Kabinett Trocken

2018 Graacher Himmelveich, Riesling Spatleste

2015 Cotes  du Rhone, I.V. Fleury

NV   Weingut Lothar Keltern, Spatburgunder Rose . Sekt

2016 Shine, Gewurztraminer

2017 Von Winninz, Sauvignon Blanc

2016 Rotwein, Trocken Spatburgunder

2018 Credia, Monterey, Gewurztraminer

2015 Fess Parker, Sta Rita Hills, Pinot Noir

2016 Castello di Amorosa, Anderson Valley, Gewurztraminer

2016 Heitz, Napa, Chardonnay

No comments: