Monday, March 4, 2019

Kings Fish House

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Margie chose Kings Fish House for her monthly dinner. A small local chain but very good food.
www.kingsfishhouse.com.  A rainy evening in sunny California but 14 of us braved the drizzle. In California if it is a drizzle it becomes a major storm warning on the news.

We had a total of 17 wines. Some I got to taste and others not. A couple of really good standouts but for my taste the rest were mediocre to me. Obviously someone likes them or they would not have brought them.

I had an assortment of raw oysters.  The menu showed which ones would be on the sampler platter but the waitstaff neglected to point out which was what. Faux Pas on their part. I realize there were on the rushed side but this is a very busy restaurant at all times so there really is no excuse.

For my main I ordered the Grilled White Sea Bass. I have had this fish before at Kings but tonight it was a bit on the dry side. Flavor was good but it was not moist.

Dessert I should have not ordered because I packed up my fish to go but so glad I did. A very moist, deep, rich chocolate cake with a strawberry puree and whipped cream. Very decadent. Besides the oysters the best thing I ate tonight.

Kings is a good restaurant so the minor hiccups tonight would not stop me from returning. I do sit at the bar at times and just eat oysters and have a glass of wine. The Kings at Bella Terra in Huntington Beach has a big issue with parking. There are so many restaurants and shops here that parking near the establishment can be a challenge. There is a large parking structure in the back area but it becomes a minor hike in. But exercise is said to be good for you.

No comments: