Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Baci Restaurant

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Margie's choice for dinner this month was Baci in Huntington Beach. www.bacirestaurant.com,  Loads of murals on the walls but a bit noisy for me. But when you have 12 people at a long table the noise level does go up. But I was on a far end so I had a least one quiet side.  

A variety of foods was order. I started out with a shrimp, artichoke heart,  percorino cheese appetizer. It was decent, but the 4 shrimp were very small.  But my lamb oso bucco was excellent. Loads of flavor and meat was tender. I think I would have preferred risotto instead of pasta as a side but that is always an after thought. The panna cotta for dessert was good. So a good dinner.

Mixed variety of wines. I brought a 2008 Stolpman LaCroce which is a blend of Sangiovese and Syrah . Decanted it for 3 hours and to me was the best wine on the table. Very well balanced, nice fruit without being too fruity, semi dry with a good mouth feel.  I did taste some of the other wines. A few good and a few not. But that is the reality of life.

2011 Pio Cesare, Barolo - good (second favorite)

NV    Valdobbiadrene, Brut Prosecco  - good

2015 Turley, Sauvignon Blanc - good not to acidic

2015 Francis Ford Coppola, Sophia , Blanc de Blanc - decent

2016 Trump, Monticello, VA, Sauvignon Blanc - I dumped it

2012 Carpineto Vino Nobile de Montepulciano - good

2014 Seal Beach Winery, Estelle Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon  did not taste

2003 Chumeia, Barbera - did not taste

2004 Pedroncelli, Sangiovese - sharp mouth feel, it should have been much  smoother for a 13 year old wine. - was not impressed

2015 Moretti, Bianchetto - did not taste but I have earlier years of this wine and they have been good

2014 Palmina Dolcetto - did not taste

2013 Tabalas Creek, Full Circle, Pinot Noir - decent

2014 Kosta Browne, SLH,  Pinot Noir - good but too young to drink

No comments: