Friday, January 20, 2017

Time for Dim Sum Again

Monday, January16, 2016

Back with the boys for Dim Sum at the Seafood Palace.  Since it is a holiday the restaurant was busier than most Mondays.  Mr. Do was helping out which is always nice. He takes care of us.  Only 3 today. In our age bracket it is hard to keep everyone healthy for any extended period of time.  I think I may be coming down with something. Dry cough that will not go away. I can only hope whatever it is will be short. The boys are thankful because I cannot talk as much without coughing.

We had a really nice selection of wines. I brought a 2011 Brave and Maiden, Union (blend) which I think is going to be much better in a couple of days. Steve brought a 2003 Poggio, San Polo, Brunello di Montalcino which he had opened the day before and drank some. It was showing well. Nice balance, good  fruit . He did not seem to be as happy with it as I was.  Steve also brought a Loring, Aubaine, Pinot Noir.  Did not write down the year. Loring is always good.   Henry's wine was a 2012 Hogue Cellars, Columbia Valley, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. That was showing well also. We did good today.

Started out with a few items from the cart. Shrimp Dumplings with a herb, might have been ramps, A slight bitter taste to the greens. Our  fried Seaweed wrapped minced shrimp and pork and a different one that we had  before - a sticky rice ball with minced shrimp. I just could not get into this one. Shrimp was not noticeable, all I got in taste was sticky rice. I would just as soon pass on this one again.

Henry ordered beef with wide noddles which was really good but I was stuffed and couldn't enjoy it as much as I should. The dish before was stir fried lobster with thin noodles. We o'd on this plate. With just 3 of us we got a lot of lobster.  this is one of the best dishes Seafood Palace puts out.

Another  good Monday lunch tucked away. Hopefully other's  will be on the mend for the next one.  I always look forward to these small lunches. Time to catch up with friends and have a relaxing few hours.  we do miss Terry.

No comments: