Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Timeless Pints Beer Dinner

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Delius Restaurant, www.deliusrestaurant.com  and Timeless Pints Brewing Company, www.timelesspints.com ,  paired to do a craft beer dinner tonight at the brewery.  I had done one last year with them and was looking forward to the evening.

Unfortunately this dinner just did not have it. Flavors were good but presentation lacked. Most of the "hot" dishes were luke warm. Just did not make the grade that I expect from Delius. Do not know of the circumstances behind the scenes but Delius does a lot of catering so this should not have been an issue. I also felt the portions were small and no bread on the side was served like last year.

First course was a Fennel Roasted Peach and Endive salad , Queso fresco and Ginger Vinaigrette.  Good flavors and because it was a salad the temperature was OK.  Beer was a Good Natured Belgian (Whitbier). A nice pairing. Beer was light.

Next was a Seasame Seared Ahi, Tomato Jam, Blistered Fresno Chilis, Green Onion and Daikon Slaw . I did not even cut into the chili. There was enough heat as it was. Ahi was good, tomato jam paired very well with the ahi. Beer was very good. Timeless Tale (pale ale)

Third course served was a Grilled Spanish Blood Sausage. Rutabaga, Aged Goat Cheese, Fingerling Potato Hash and Hibiscus Gastric.  The sausage had good flavor. The Hibiscus gastric was wonderful. This dish was room temperature. The beer was a Taste of Fate (Red IPA). I am not  usually a fan of IPA's but this one I really liked.

Coffee Braised Pork Belly, Organic Cinnamon  Spiced Baked Beans and Roasted Summer Squash was the main course.  Again room temperature which is not great with pork belly. The fat was white not opaque. Beans had good flavor but not warm. Squash was over cooked. Beer was the best of the night. A Porter called Peanut Butter Cup. Good coffee, chocolate taste. I am a porter and stout fan.

Dessert was a Brown Butter Cake. Butterscotch Center, Banana Cream and Scotch Strong Ale Syrup.  Wish there was a bit more syrup. Cake had good flavor but a bit dry for me. Cream was excellent. Served with Scotch Strong Ale.  The beer had a bite to it. Not what I would order.

Not the best dinner I have had. It was OK but too many flaws throughout the night.  Do not know what the problems were but Delius is capable of so much more.

And on top of a disappointing dinner I fell in the parking lot. Tripped over a parking bumper that I did not see and landed on my knees. At least I did not break anything.

No comments: