Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Pan

Monday, May 2, 2016

The Pan at 3550 Long Beach Blvd was the pick for the Bixby Knolls Supper Club this month.  It has been opened about 2 months. Was I surprised when I turned into the parking area and realized that it was the old location for Delius restaurant.  The Pan has taken over the entire strip for their place. The web-site shows the location in Gardena, but the menu is the same. www.thepan.com

This is a very laid back, rustic place. I am not a fan of these metal chairs but for one meal I can handle it. Acoustics are bad. Extremely noisy.

I had the fish and chips. Fish was decent. I have had better and I have had worse. Came with garlic fries and there is not way to mistake that these fries have garlic and they were good.  Also a very small side of coleslaw. Price was fine at $9.75. 

Others had pizza which they raved about. To me it looked a dark and crispy on the edges. Turkey burger looked good as did the pot roast special.

Perhaps it is because they had everyone (70 people) come in at 6:30 for the scheduled dinner but it was really disorganized. 7 of us at our table. One person got their beer and food way before everyone else. He had finished eating by time the rest of the  plates arrived.  Waiter forgot my beer. Had to ask again for it.  Salads came out after the entrees.  I was not a fan of the way the food was plated. My fish and chips were in a metal bowl that was lined with paper. Fries on bottom, 3 pieces of fish on top, a small metal container of sauce and one of coleslaw set on top of the food.  Now I wonder where these small metal containers were sitting before they were placed onto of my food. Did like that thought. So I did not eat the fries in the areas that the metal containers were sitting.

Very limited beer and wine menu. Wine list sucked.

The menu looks like this might be a bright spot for breakfast, which is served all day.  If you live in the area it would be worth a visit to see what they do when they are not over whelmed.  But this type of restaurant is just not my style,

No comments: