Monday, May 11, 2015

Mothers Day at Seafood Palace

Sunday, May 10, 2015

My two sons and I headed for the Seafood Palace for an early dinner. We avoided the crush of the crowd for Dim Sum and the crush for later dinner time. Worked out well as they start serving dinner at 5:00.  By time we finished dinner it was starting to get really busy. This was my first time coming to Seafood Palace without Henry so wasn't too sure of my footing. Fortunately Mr. Do saw me and took care of us.

We wanted to order some sort of duck dish without going for the Peking Duck which is plated for larger groups. Mr. Do said not to order duck because the only good dish was the Peking Duck - that was put on hold until we can come in with a larger group of people.

Naturally we had to have the Salt and Pepper Calamari. Both my sons raved about it. Second dish we ordered was the Walnut Honey Shrimp which did not disappoint. Fortunately both my sons are big eaters because the portions are on the medium large size. I am used to eating here with 5 to 6 people.

We tried a new dish. Peking Pork. Sauce was very good and pork was tender. I would have this again in a heartbeat.

I ordered  Beef French style but when it came it did not look like what Henry gets when he orders it. We always get the beef on a bed of greens. This dish just had sliced tomatoes around the edge of the plate. Beef was tender and good quality. The flavors were good. I questioned Mr. Do about the lack of greens and found out that Henry orders the dishes differently that what the menu states.

Rounded out the meal with a plate of fried rice. Since I was the only one who drinks wine I brought a 2013 Tercero Rose of Mouvedre which went well with all the food.

I will be back Wednesday night with a  wino group for dinner. Will need to talk with Henry and find out what dishes he orders special. Both my sons are eager to come back with friends and have another dinner. This time with Peking Duck and hopefully I can order the dishes the way Henry would.

No comments: