Thursday, April 16, 2015

Ritter's

Wednesday. April 16, 2015.

A friend had read about this restaurant and wanted to try it. www.rittersskc.com. Cajun style cooking. Looked it up on Yelp and the reviews were good. But it was downtown Huntington Beach which I avoid as much as possible. Parking is so bad. I did park in the parking structure in the next block but I really find it a pain to hassle parking.

Restaurant was very noisy - no acoustics at all. Mixed crowd of people. Metal chairs that really made a scrapping sound when someone moved on the hard tile floor.

Food was decent. My dish was good. House Pan Roast with Seafood. A tomato cream creole sauce with seafood and rice. Someone order a fried catfish PO'Boy sandwich. Said it was good but it was large and a mess to eat. The other dish ordered was shrimp scampi. Not enough garlic, the butter sauce tasted watery. Shrimp were slightly overcooked.

Maybe this place does better with the Jambalaya, Gumbo and Etouffe. I would try it again if I was in the area  but would not make a special trip.

They do have a very small wine and beer menu which is new to the restaurant. Wines are cheap. I bought a bottle of Riesling for $20. It was passable. Corkage was $20 which is way too high for a place like this with a very poor wine menu.

I can see why this place would become crowded towards the weekend. Younger crowd who does not mind shouting to be heard. Large portions. OK food and a big change from burgers.

No comments: