Sunday, December 14, 2014

Greenfields

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Nine of us gathered tonight for Margie's "Fun Wine Activity" event for December at Greenfields Brazilian Steakhouse in Long Beach.  It has been several years since I was here and they seemed to have "cleaned" the place up.

After a trip to the extensive salad bar we started getting bombarded with the meats. All meat is brought to the table and carved table side. Several of the meats I did not try. It was way too much food for me. Big eaters are in heaven at this place.

Of the meats that I did try I preferred the rib eye, top sirloin and the skirt steak (which had the most flavor). The bacon wrapped turkey was flavorful and moist and the quail was good. I passed on the sausages, lamb and chicken.

I am still recovering from the creeping crud so I am not 100 %.  The meats were good but for the price I would prefer 555 East. I go for quality over quantity. But it was a a fun evening out and the big eaters in the crowd were happy

Wines brought tonight were 2003 Stolpman Angeli, took several hours for this wine to open. I should have decanted it. Bottle was almost empty before it started showing well.

2007 Dunham Cellars Syrah
2011 Tablas Creek Viognier
2012 Caymus 40th Anniversary Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Saxon Brown, Duvell Vineyard, Sonoma Coast, Chardonnay
NV   Pommery Champagne, Reims, France
2011 Wiens-Chateau Grande Rouge, Temecula Valley
2010 Stolpman La Croce, Sangiovese/Syrah
2011 Stolpman Petite Syrah
2005 Domaine du Grand Ormeau, Pomerol

No comments: