Thursday, June 12, 2014

Mini Wine Cellar Cleaning

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Decided that I needed to "get rid of" some wine. I have way too much and it is started to really crowd by living space. So what better way than to invite people to bring food and I supply all the wine. Invited 13 people and put out 16 bottles. I knew that when people heard about this they would be upset that they were not on the invitation list. Early on I made the decision that it would be a mixed group of people, not just my "winos". Aside from a few neighbors, my criteria was to invite people that invite me to their homes for extra events or to join them for dinner. Being a single for so long I have found that couples invite other couples, not singles to join them. Most women are by nature insecure and the man does not want to be put in a position of upsetting the little woman. So I first choices were people that have included me often, not just for our monthly wine gatherings.

When my father died my mother could not understand why all the couples that they socialized with dropped her fast. I tried to explain it to her but I do not think she ever "got it".

So lots of food showed up and I put out a couple of pizzas. No one went hungry.

I will not list all the wines that I opened, 3 whites and 13 reds, but a couple of the favorites were the 2008 Chamisal Pinot Noir, 2009 Huber Pinot Noir and the 2010 Clos Pepe Pinot Noir.

May try another cellar cleaning later in the year and use the same criteria for invitees.

No comments: