Sunday, January 20, 2013

Himalayn to Start The Year Off

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Marc & Edie had not  been to the Himalayan in quite awhile. So off we went. This  place is really a favorite of mine. Good food, full of flavor and if I order mild I can handle it.

We started off with the Somosa's. Best around.  Garlic Chicken, Shrimp Masala, Chicken Vindaloo, Lamb Saag, Malai Kofta, Aloo Gobi and Garlic Naan. A nice assortment of dishes. Alto I was suprised that Terry did not oder the Lamb Chops.

Wines were quite the assortment. My favorites were the 2005 Chateau Mayne Guyon,  Cotes de Blaye, Grand Cru Bordeaux that CJ brought and my 2009 Archery Summit Pinot Noir. I also brought a NV Robert Moncuit Grand Cru Brut Champagne. This bubbly is turning out to be a real favorite of mine.

Rounding out the selection was 2005 IO Syrah, 2009 Torettis Inocencio Pinot Noir, 2010 Coppola Directors Claret and 2009 Anthill Abbell Harriz Pinot Noir.

No comments: