Sunday, June 3, 2012

Remy Beer Tasting

Saturday, Jun 2, 2012

Went out today for a "Remy" release tasting at Taps in Brea. They brew their own beer and I have never heard of them before. My friend Remy found out about it so a few of us decided to try the place.

Remy turns out to be a Russian Imperial Stout. Excellent beer. Very smooth and no bitterness to it.

So for $15 you got appetizers, a taste of Remy and a bottle of Remy to take home. A regular bottle not a large size. At $10 a bottle the price is steep. Good beer but $10 I feel is a little high.

John ordered a grilled artichoke and a pizza. The artichoke was one of the best I have had. Will have to try and duplicate the flavor some time. John also had a beer called Posideon, an IPA which he raved about.

I will keep this place in mind when I am in the area. The food was good and also the service.


No comments: