Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekend in the Sta Rita Hills - Futures Tasting at The Clos

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today was the futures tasting and release party at Clos Pepe. Bash started at 11:00 so we had "Breakfast" pizzas from the wood burning oven, along with fresh fruit and homemade cookies. Tasted the "Library" wines from 1999 on up and all the 2010 barrel tastings. Looks like another great year for Clos Pepe.  Picked up my wines I ordered last year. Placed my order for the 2010 and ate and drank again. What a weekend.

Jan & Bob had to leave early so they could not attend. Clyde & Libby went as my guests. CJ & John came up this morning for the event.

Left the Clos and went into Santa Ynez to pick up wine at Stolpman Vineyards. They produce excellent Rhone varietals along with Sangiovese. One of my favorite wineries.  Tasted at Tecero  and bough a few wines there.  On the way out I stopped at Buttonwood but they were completely sold out of their peaches. They have some of the best peaches I have ever tasted.

I was supposed to go to dinner with CJ & John at AJ Spurs but by time I got back to my room in Lompoc I was to tired to dive back 20 plus miles to Buellton to eat dinner.  Wish we could have stopped on the way out of the area for dinner. It would have worked better for me. Clyde & Libby and I want back to the Jalama restaurant and had dinner. By this time I was so wined out I had a Blue Moon beer instead.

Need to get some rest as I will be getting up early on Monday and driving back. Bringing back 11 cases of wine. Glad to say 7 of them are for other people. 4 cases is bad enough and I have absolutely no room for storing them now.

Great weekend. A lot of fun. Very tiring but I would do it again

No comments: