Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Place In Town

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 Went to a "new" place tonight for a wine tasting. New to me but I recall seeing this place years ago. Close to the Belmont Brewing Company. ABC Liquors & Wine in Long Beach/Belmont Shore. The tasting was held upstairs in the ":Attic". Narrow steep stairs. Old building but that's what they had then when the building was built. They set around a tray of cheeses. Some were excellent and meats. Tonight's theme was Patricia Greene wines for Oregon. 6 wines were poured. Pours were generous. They also at the end of the evening put the bottles that still had wine left in them on the table for you to help yourself. For $20 it was good. I will seek out some other tastings here in the future but with the sucked parking it would have to be a winery that I was really interesting in. Their tasting are also on Wednesdays and that is my Happy Hour night out with friends.

No comments: