Saturday, November 20, 2010

Last Wine & Dine

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dinner tonight was at Fritto Misto's in Hermosa Beach. CJ has deceided that after 10 years of organizing these dinners this will be his last. It is a tremendous amount of work on his part to have new and different menus each time to we out.

There were 29 in attendance tonight for the "Last Hurrah". Since I just got back from vacation and a lot of driving, I rode with friends tonight. The food here is good but the parking really sucks. A few people who live in the south bay area came by taxi to avoid the parking issue.

A lot of wine was on the table. As usual I did not keep track of anything besides the 2005 Stolpman LaCroce I brought. This wine was showing very well. Glad I have a few more bottles left. I did not taste a bad wine tonight. Everyone seemed to bring out the good stuff for the last supper.

We started off with Misto Salad - To me it is a "salad", greens with a few additives.

Next was Fritto Mist which is vegetables and seafood, battered and deep fried, served with a roasted garlic mayonnaise and a marinara sauce. Always a favorite.

Garlic Shrimp was next up shrimp sauteed in garlic and olive oil. Good flavor.

Chicken Cilantro Ravioli - ravioli filled with chicken and served with a cilantro cream sauce with tomatoes and green onions. This was very good.

Italian sausage and Roasted Peppers - sliced Italian turkey sausage, marinara sauce, roasted green peppers and carmelized onions on linguini - the sausage was too spicy for me but the sauce and the linguini was great.

Fresh Mixed Vegetables With Beef Tips - just what the name says. Good flavor.

Food was good. But unless I was in the area for some reason I would not make the trek to Hermosa Beach to eat here. There are some very good Italian restaurants within 20 minutes driving time to my "abode". I would much rather stay close to home.

Good home close to 1:00 am which is very late for me. Sure glad it was on a Saturday so I had Sunday to rest before going back to work.

Sad to see it being the last Wine & Dine. But everything has a shelf life and this one came due.

No comments: