Saturday, December 12, 2009

Annual Christman Brunch

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I hosted my annual holiday brunch today. 33 people in attendance. A few less than last year and most people seemed to think the party flowed better. They commented on how everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Maybe next year I will have to keep the list of attendees down to a reasonable number. Maybe a lottery system to decide who gets the invitation.

Everyone brought a dish. I always ask for an appetizer, side dish or dessert. This year people seemed to opt for the desserts. They were so many "sweet"items. It became funny because everyone who walked in seemed to have a dessert. Now wait until next year, people will remember all the desserts from the year before and opt for appetizers and we will have no desserts.

I cooked a ham and two different kind of sausages and made 3 different egg casserole dishes. Put out juices and "cheap" sparkling wines to mix. When you go to a brunch at a restaurant they always serve the cheap "champagne". No different here.

Several people brought still wines so there was an abundance to drink.

My house was decorated ( I do that Thanksgiving weekend) and presents are wrapped, I can now enjoy the holiday season without all the stress that seems to go along with it. I have 3 dinners, an open house and a birthday party to look forward to before Christmas

No comments: