Sunday, July 19, 2009

July's Gathering of The Flock

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Today's gathering was a very small flock. Too many vacations and conflicts during the summer. Also this held on a Saturday not Sunday as our normal gatherings are. I personally prefer Sundays. It 's a more laid back day. Saturdays are way too busy for me.

Today's theme was"Sangiovese & Pinot Grigio". Nice wines showed up and I was really glad to have several Pinot Grigio's on hand. The day was very hot and no air was moving.

The hosts served a nice pork loin was a raspberry chipolte sauce. I ate and drank very sparingly today as I had a dinner this evening with the "Wine & Dine" group.

I brought a Point Conception Pinoit Grgio that they had left on the skins for a short while it gave a nice pink tone to the wine. It was a really nice refreshing wine for the day.

Stan had several "old" sangios that he brought . A 1988 & 1990.

No comments: