Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wino's Gathering

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our first monthly "gathering of the flock" of the new year. This was held at my "Casa" and hosted by another couple. I lend out my abode when people either do not have enough room to host an event of there are other circumstances that prevent it.

Todays theme was "Russian River Pinot Noirs and White Wines". 22 people braved the elements today. At least the rain stopped before the event started. Made for a drier entrance into my house. I was seeing a room full of wet umbrellas, shoes & jackets. Glad that did not materialize. Usually I will have the wines on a table on the balcony but with the high winds and the very cold temperature everything was kept inside. Which made for a very cozy gathering.

Normally when we have a theme that includes red and white wines , there is a small percentage of whites compared to reds. Today there were 10 whites and 14 reds. Not quite even but close to it. Maybe it was because there have been so many "pinot" tastings lately that some people needed some diversity.

As always the food was abundent and good. The hosts had ribs, tri-tip and chicken. They served the sauce on the side which helped keep sticky fingers off the wine glasses. And my white couch survived.

A few of the wines that I liked were;

2005 Hartford Four Hearts Chardonnay
2006 Porter Creek Timbervine Viognier
2006 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc
2004 Stonestreet Pinot
1994 Signorello Martinelli Vineyard Pinot
2003 Joseph Swan Trenton Estate Pinot

No comments: