Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Brunch

Sunday, Dceember 2, 2008

This was my yearly Christmas Brunch that I host. I decorate my house and put up the tree on Thanksgiving weekend. I tend to think that it is a jump start for merriment before the realities of tasks that lie ahead for us with shopping, wrapping, baking etc., set in.

32 people were in attendance and 6 no shows which was probably good as we had quite a crowd in my 950 sf condo.

I put out juices and bubblies to make mimosas, bellini's etc. Everyone brought additional bubblies and wines so a really good time was going on.

I put out a ham and several egg casserole dishes. The sides and the desserts are brought by everyone else. There is always an over abundance of food but the is what the season is about.

I enjoy the Christmas season much more than Thanksgiving. I personally would rather watch the football games than sit down to a huge dinner with a meat that I don't like.

No comments: