Monday, June 19, 2017

June's Wino Soriree

Sunday, June 11, 2017

This months theme for the group is "New Zealand". Not my favorite wines. Cannot handle that overly grassy. acidic flavor they give their Sauvignon Blancs.

Warmest day but the hosts had lots of shade., Main dish was BBQ'd ribs and garlic shrimp. Both dishes were very good. Sherry also made Palova and did a very good one at that.  But what I found strange today was the hosts said they were making dessert, So what did a lot of people bring - dessert.  Only 4 appetizers and about 4 side dishes and the rest were desserts. Poor Margie who doesn't eat seafood had to be content with a cheese plate for an appetizer.  I just found the whole food thing strange.

I brought a New Zealand Riesling and there were a couple of Chardonnays and 3 sparkling's. . That really helped me since I did not taste any Sau Blancs.  Pinots were good. Northing really stood out. I do remember the Jules Taylor was good.

No comments: